Interdisciplinary Teaching- This blog was started as a way of using journals and games in physical education class to enhance and connect the learning in math, language arts and science. Now that I am a science teacher I am finding ways to use physical activity to connect the learning in physical science.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Student Learning Targets

For the past couple of weeks we have administered our Fitnessgram test. The students have been measured weighed, stretched and pushed to do their best on their fitness tests- push ups, curl ups, running. After putting in the data we had to write our SLT's based on how our students performed. Since the pushup and situp numbers were already high I decided to focus on their flexibility. The sit and reach test is what my learning targets are based on. I must get 55% of the kids to be in the Healthy Fitness Zone on the Back Saver Sit and Reach flexibility test by the end of the year.

No comments:

Followers